Being under the age of 18, and attempting to find a job? Not a good mix. Regardless of skill. Well, unless I’d like to flip burgers at McDonalds… Which I’m trying to avoid at all costs. Though Craigslist had a few promising posts today. Guess I’ll have to wait and see
So all I’ve heard the last couple days is “Swine Flu!” “Swine Flu”. I’m kind of a skeptic. The reason being that just like computer virus’s, most highly publicized pandemics don’t really have the catastrophic results that are forecasted. Which, of course is a good thing, but personnaly, I’m not all that concerned about it. Maybe if/when there is a case in the pacific northwest, it will hit me a little harder. Who knows. The only thing that really worried me was the point my mother brought up this morning when we were talking about it this morning; typically when deaths occur from something like that, it is the very young and the elderly, whereas with the swine flu so far, the deaths have been in otherwise healthy, in their prime people. I guess I’ll just have to wait and watch….
Admittedly, I’ve always been a fan of mashups and remixes, but since I fell in love with how six songs collide (courtesy of my handy dandy stumble button), I decided to check out the site that put it out; http://www.mashuptown.com. I’m so glad I did. Going back through their archives, my mp3 collection has been growing rapidly. At the moment I’m listening to a mashup of Run DMC and Eminem. Though smells like teen spirit v. bootylicious is pretty high on my list of favorites too. I’d definitely reccomend checking them out.
- Jesse McCartney: How Do You Sleep
- Jessica Simpson-Irresistable (remix)
- Taylor Swift- You Belong With Me
- Deena Carter- There’s No Limit
- Breathe Carolina- See You Again
- Leann Rimes- Right Kind Of Wrong
- Lady Gaga- Poker Face
- Rachel Sweet- Please Mr. Jailer (From Cry Baby)
- Mashuptown.com- How Six Songs Collide
- Matt Nathanson- Come On Get Higher
- Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters- Accentuate the Positive
Posted in Daily Playlist
Tagged bing crosby, Breathe Carolina, Deena Carter, jesse mccartney, jessica simpson, Kelly Pickler, lady Gaga, leann rimes, Matt Nathanson, music, playlist, rachel sweet, sugarland, taylor swift, the andrews sisters
So yesterday I attended my assigned Saturday School. If I has previously had faith in my generation, it is now crushed. It wasn’t even the saturday school part that was horrible. It was some of the things I heard out of peoples mouths. “I don’t understand why we’re so broke, why can’t we just print more money out of the money machines!?” and “I’m gonna ask a question that everyone has wondered before. Do they have special stores for midgets?” Wow… I was pretty much speechless. I just can’t believe that people in highscool could still have that thought process. It really kinda blew my mind. Maybe I just have spent too much time across the street at Clark. Who Knows….
- Best Days of Your Life- Kelly Pickler
- Burn This City- Franz Ferdinand
- Come On Get Higher- Matt Nathanson. (He’s my obsession at the moment.)
- Fall To Pieces- Matt Nathanson.
- Gone- Matt Nathanson. (Told ya)
- I Told You So- Carrie Underwood & Randy Travis
- Make Love In this Club-Usher
- One Step At A time- Jordin Sparks
- Summertime- Kenny Chesney
- Jason Mraz & Colbie Calliat- Lucky.
This pretty much completes my summer-y mood.
- Paula Deanda- Doin’ Too Much.
- Dana Fuchs- Why Don’t We Do it In The Road (Across the Universe)
I don’t think that there will be a day that goes by without an Across the Universe song in it.
- Deena Carter- There’s No Limit.
This has been my theme song for a few days now. It’s what gets me out of bed in the morning.
- Marques Houston- That Girl.
While downloading music at breakfast this morning, I went on a slight nogastalgia kick. This song was the first that I uploaded to my original XBOX. (I needed some hot tunes to play burnout on). Admittedly, this was only about five years ago, but with the amount that has changed between now and then, it works.
- Kenny Chesney- Summertime.
I’m so pumped for summer it’s not even funny. This song just makes me want it more.
- Warrant- Cherry Pie.
I needed a little 80’s in my day today. And driving on the freeway, with this blaring? No feeling like it. haha.
- Frankie J & Baby Bash- Obsession.
Even though I hadn’t heard it in over a year, I still knew every word when I started listening to it the other day.
- Erika Jo- I Break Things.
Although a definite one hit wonder (if that) I really do Love this song. It’s young, but cute.
- Scouting For Girls- Heartbeat.
My friend made me listen to this UK band, and I’m so glad I did. I love the upbeat pop sound.
Posted in Daily Playlist
Tagged Colbie Calliat, Dana Fuchs, Deena Carter, Erika Jo, Frankie J, Jason Mraz, Kenny Chesney, Marques Houston, music, Paula Deanda, playlist, Scouting For Girls, Summer, Warrant